Oakville Family Birth specializes in private prenatal classes.
Private classes are taught in the comfort of your home, on your schedule. These classes are fun for both partners, friendly, realistic, practical and always judgement-free.
If you choose private classes, you’ll have the opportunity to create your custom class based on your needs and interests.
Here are just some of the topics you can choose to include in your class:
- How to prepare a birth plan or wish list
- Signs of labour: what do we do now?
- Labour and birth: what’s happening and why?
- Positions for labour and birth
- Natural comfort measures and pain relief (breath work, massage, relaxation, etc)
- Medical pain relief
- Interventions (induction, cesarean, etc)
- What to expect if you’re planning a cesarean birth (c-section)
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean)
- Options and what to expect for the first hour after birth
- Recovering from birth (the fourth trimester)
- Feeding your baby (breastfeeding, bottle feeding, formula, pumping and storing breastmilk)
- Taking care of your newborn (bathing, dressing, diapers, etc)
We’ll arrange a time that works for you and I’ll bring everything I need to deliver an engaging and useful class.
When we’re finished, you’ll have given yourself the knowledge and practical tools to feel informed, prepared and confident about your baby’s birth.
It’s all about YOU. We’ll go over everything you want to learn and you’ll have a chance to ask as many questions as you like. You’ll also receive an information packet filled with useful resources to use throughout your pregnancy, birth and postpartum period.
Do you have friends who are expecting? How fun would it be to put together a group class in your home? Just you and your closest friends, bonding over cervical changes and baby poop. Let’s make it happen!
Gift certificates available!
If you want to learn more about or book private or semi-private prenatal classes, get in touch: