Oakville Family Birth specializes in private prenatal classes.
Private classes are taught in the comfort of your home or virtually via Zoom, on your schedule. These classes are fun for both partners, encouraging, practical, realistic, and always judgement-free.
If you choose private classes you’ll have the opportunity to customize your class based on your needs and interests. We’ll arrange a time that works for you and bring everything needed to deliver an engaging and useful class.
Give yourself the knowledge and practical tools to feel informed, prepared and confident about your baby’s arrival!
We’ll go over everything you want to learn and you’ll have a chance to ask as many questions as you like. You’ll also receive an information packet filled with useful resources to use throughout your pregnancy, birth and postpartum period.
Most Popular Prenatal Class Topics
Most often, private classes are taught over two sessions:
Session 1: Labour and Birth
- Signs of labour, the labour process
- Labour positions, comfort measures, medical pain relief
- Childbirth interventions (induction, cesarean, etc)
- What happens in the first hours after birth
Session 2: Postpartum Recovery, Baby Care and Feeding
- Recovering from birth
- Breastfeeding, bottle feeding
- Taking care of your newborn (bathing, dressing, diapers, etc)
Additional topics: tailor your class to include any of the following:
- Preparing a birth plan or wish list
- Birth partner communication exercise
- Planned cesarean birth
- VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean)
Do you have friends who are expecting? How fun would it be to put together a group class in your home? Just you and your closest friends, bonding over cervical changes and baby poop. Let’s make it happen!
[Gift Certificates Available]
If you want to learn more about or book private or semi-private prenatal classes, get in touch: